Friday, May 04, 2007

... and I'm Spent.


And so I'm back... from outer space...

Or in this case, Mexico.

I'm sure everyone missed me greatly, as I have not blogged in over a week (le gasp!!) But it was neither necessary nor prudent to travel with a laptop, so i didn't. Natually I have tons of (mis)adventures to relate (none involving sex) and I will no doubt pepper my blog with them in time. But for now, here's an ever-so-brief litany of observations about Mexico from a decidely gringo point of view:

Guadalajara is a big, stinking city
Aguascalientes and Queretaro are absolutely charming
You can't swing a dead cat without hitting a catholic cathedral
A lot of the country is brown and dusty and arid
Nobody does a festival like the Mexicans
Everyone is friendly- especially if you learn a bit of spanish
Cervesa is muy cheap
Don't drive in Mexico City
Don't visit Mexico City
Don't tangle with the police in Mexico City (i'm just sayin...)
Never get the meat 'combo platter' at a restaurant
The small green peppers are insanely hot
Meal times are WAY fucked up (lunch after 2 pm??)
the ice cream is bueno
The stuff you might THINK is ice cream, might not be
Tight blue jeans are de rigeur for both men and women
NOBODY wears shorts-- not even in 90+ weather
Mexican men are the #1 consumer of hair gel and mousse products in the world
The 'eye contact' and 'turn and look' thing works in mexico
You can't swing a dead cat without hitting a bad moustache
Tequila with lunch is acceptable


More later. But for now I'm dying to eat my Tombstone pizza

5 Comments:

At 6:05 PM, Blogger madhousesix said...

thank god, i was going thru withdrawl... phone coverage between mexico and minneapolis was shite.

welcome home bud. missed you. now where is my prezzie?!

 
At 2:09 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

welcome back to the states... what is it with the dead cats??? hehehe...

 
At 8:59 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thank goodness you didn't drink the water.

 
At 7:01 PM, Blogger Donnie said...

Glad to have you back in the States, CB. I've missed reading your blog.

 
At 4:58 PM, Blogger Kevin said...

I thought you were leaving us a secret note. If you read down the left side of your observations, it starts by spelling GAY.

And then it stops.

Blogus Interruptus.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home