Wednesday, April 25, 2007

Horni-B-Gon


Well, THAT'S taken care of.

Got home yesterday afternoon-- dad and uncle were still out. Took care of business. Feel much better. It was a two-brawny paper towel cleanup.

Mmmmmmm.

Anyway- when I finally got home last night after my piano lesson and some grocery shopping, my uncle and father were firmly ensconced on my couch watching "V for Vendetta". They had also managed to screw up my surround sound to where it didn't work.

30 minutes later I had the surround sound fixed.

Then I asked how the golf went seeing as how they were playing a new course that I had chosen for them. Big mistake on my part. Huge. My father then decided to take the opportunity to tell me exactly how much he HATED the course and how awful the day was.

cb: So you DIDN'T like the course?

dad: It SUCKED!

cb: Was it in poor shape or something? Was it not nice?

dad: The fairways were narrow, there was shit in front of several tees that you had to hit over just to GET to the fairways.....

cb: So it was just a hard course. But uncle said you won.

dad: So what? The whole thing still sucked.

cb: Well then, perhaps you can set up your own golf from now on, since I did such a lousy job of scrambling to find you an alternative course since UNC was aerating.


What an ingrate!

9 Comments:

At 8:10 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Look at the bright side: If it hadn't taken them so long to play through, you wouldn't have been able to get those horns clipped!

 
At 11:15 AM, Blogger Gay Canuck in the Capital said...

I added my email to my blog so you can contact me. for the life of me I could not find the comment you posted with your address.

 
At 12:47 PM, Blogger cola boy said...

Dang! Talk about ungrateful.

 
At 1:16 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hmmm... I don't suppose you took pictures? LOL!

Let's see, they crash at your house, you make all the reservations and arrangements for them, feed them, give up your privacy, bed and life for them so that they can play golf and they still aren't happy?

Maybe you should leave out some of your other DVD's for them to watch.

Did you ever hear the old saying that guest are are like fish? When it starts to stink after 3 days you should throw it out?

 
At 1:49 PM, Blogger cb said...

I know. I try to be a good host and a good son-- but seriously. They save tons of money because they aren't shelling out for a hotel.

 
At 2:05 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Family can be so frustrating at times. I can totally relate.

The Brawny guy never looked so hot.

 
At 2:32 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Two-Brawny paper towel cleanup huh? Hmmmmmmmmm....you've been taking your vitamins.

 
At 8:20 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I guess it is the quicker picker-uper. A two-towel ordeal? Wow, that is some major buildup!

Where is the boyfriend with the big one during all this?

 
At 8:20 PM, Blogger evilganome said...

Yeah, can't you sneak out for a quick one while the annoying relatives are off on the links? Really, 2 towels?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home