Friday, April 20, 2007

Visit with Kyle

As you may or may not know, Kyle from the stateright-stageleft blog came down to visit me last week.

Well, it was a visit/work trip, but who's complaining?

We had a nice time, despite the fact that he stayed with me from Thursday through Sunday morning and we had no water. I took him to a Durham Bulls game (where the Bulls won in the bottom of the 9th inning). We saw Duke Gardens. We went to the movie "Grindhouse" which was a ton of fun. We stole wireless from my neighbors. We did some shopping. We sauna'ed and showered at my gym (so he could see where all the "magic" happens-- even if we didn't partake in any). We ate greasy pizza and watched bad movies (do NOT rent the Spanish film Queens under any circumstances).

Even though he was fighting a cold and wanted a low-key weekend, I still felt like a lousy host. I wanted to take him to sushi. And for beers at my favorite pub. And possibly to Raleigh to explore things-- maybe even to our crappy leather bar so he could see just what I have to work with in the South. But no. The water thing was weighing heavily upon me, and I wasn't much fun to be around.

But Kyle was great, and as usual he brought me prezzies! Some gifts from the Milano show, and a super cool piece of art from the same store he bought his stuff. I cannot WAIT to get it framed (but I may have to due to monetary funds being directed elsewhere at the mo').

Do not let the above deter anyone else from scheduling a visit to NC. I don't always expect gifts from guests. And I promise I'll be a better host once I have running water to work with.

NC is indeed beautiful this time of year. Just ask Kyle.

4 Comments:

At 9:51 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

the visit was awesome - stop saying you were a lousy host. the only thing lousy was that you wouldn't put out... but i'm getting used to that.

 
At 3:16 PM, Blogger Donnie said...

Yes, NC is beautiful in the Spring......from the mountains, to the Capitol, to the coast. I love it here.

I hope you have a good weekend, CB.

 
At 10:04 AM, Blogger Kevin said...

I think I'll wait to visit until after the cloud of your uncle has lifted.

And as long as you promise to put out.

 
At 11:48 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh, you don't put out? Bad host. Bad host.

So you guys just gay watched in the sauna? Sure....lol

That's nice you met up with Kyle. He seems like a cool guy. I haven't been to NC in a long time. I hear its great this time of the year.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home