Saturday, April 14, 2007

Chez Poubelle Du Blanc

Another in an ongoing series about how absolutely white trash my house is.

So Kyle (stageright-stageleft) is down here in NC for a visit-- actually more of a work visit, but he so kindly piggybacked it with an extended holiday in order to visit me. He has been staying at Chez Poubelle du Blanc since Thursday evening.

Thursday evening is also the same time that I lost the use of water in my house.

No, it wasn't from lack of bill payment; I'm on a well. And Thursday night just happened to be the time when my well pump decided to die an agonizing death. I immediately called and set up an appointment with a plumber for Friday morning.

Friday morning turned into Friday afternoon and Kyle and I had to wait around and fuck off an entire day basically waiting for the plumbers to call. Which they eventurally did but not until late afternoon.

The lovely plumber (and his hunky hispanic helper) determined that the well pump, the main switch, the tank, a filter system and some piping would all need to be replaced... all to a tune of a couple grand. OR-- I could bite the bullet and hook up to city water which would also cost a couple grand, but would be healthier since evidently the wells in my area were polluted by a leaky gas station underground holding tank (who knew???).

Naturally by the time the plumbers finished giving me this diagnosis, the time was 5 pm and the city of Durham water and sanitation offices were closed. Until Monday.

Fuck fuck fuckity fuck fuck.

So Kyle and I have been timing our frequent excursions into town with our bathroom urges so as to kill two birds with one stone. We also used my YMCA membership to gain shower access. Interim cleaning is done with wet wipes. All food has been take out and food containers are disposable. Poor Kyle! He comes down to visit, and its like he has travelled in time back to the 1800's, only with Pizza Hut.

The best part of the whole thing is that my father and fat uncle are STILL planning on coming down to stay with me for their annual golf visit-- next week. So somehow I have to manage getting the city out to hook me into the water main, and then having a plumber connect to my house the rest of the way, all before next Saturday rolls around.

And I'm supposed to have jury duty this coming week.

Is someone using a voodoo doll on me???

2 Comments:

At 5:55 PM, Blogger evilganome said...

You must like your relatives better than I do. I'd keep the water off just so they'd stay at a motel while they were visiting. Regardless good luck with Castillo Basura Blanco. Maybe you can get Mr. Hunky Repairman back to check your pipes again;)

 
At 4:02 PM, Blogger Donnie said...

I'm sorry to hear about all the shit hitting the fan. I hope it all gets sorted out quickly and without much expense.

See, I go on vacation and everything goes to hell. I'll try to keep up to date on my blog reading so this never happens again. ;)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home