Tuesday, April 10, 2007

Work is Hell


I think Matt Groening said it best:

Work is a snowmobile racing across the tundra and then suddenly it flips over, pinning you underneath. At night, the ice weasels come.

Wait... that might be love. Works either way though.

I very nearly stayed in bed today. My alarm went off at 6 and I hit the snooze three times. After the third, I was just laying in bed thinking about how much I wanted to sleep in and how little I wanted to go to work today.

I came so close to justifying calling in for a vacation day. I could sleep in. I could take care of that pesky DNV issue. I could work on music. I could clean my house for all the visitors that I will be receiving this month. I could jack off.

I think it was a sign. An unheeded sign.

As it was, I finally sighed and came to the realization that I couldn't hide from my worklife. So I hauled my fat ass out of bed and managed to pull it together enough to get to work today. And instantly regretted it.

First thing I was approaced by one of my employees who was distraught. She had heard from "little boss" that "big bossy" was trying to get rid of me and that I might be leaving the department. This was all news to me, which I told my employee.

Evidently I am now the subject of gossip in my own department- and its one of my bosses doing the gossiping with my staff. How nice.

After the councelling session, I got informed by another individual that I have two non-functioning pieces of equipment that I need to fix. And that we are not able to keep up with the data entry for an important 'big bossy' project.

And as I type this, its only 8:17 am and I haven't had any coffee.

Hark! The ice weasels approacheth.

5 Comments:

At 10:06 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

bryant said that?

that's a little wierd... of course it is E so i wouldn't put too much stock in it, after all the entire place is one blooming virus of rumor.

 
At 10:56 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Go home and jack off. That solves everything.

 
At 11:09 AM, Blogger Kevin said...

Ugh, office gossip. Office politics. Office work.

Blech. Blech. Blech.

 
At 2:08 PM, Blogger Brettcajun said...

Jerking off will not solve anything. If you are not careful, you could even put your eye out!

I say walk into work with a swagger and dare those MOFO's to get smart with you.

 
At 8:11 AM, Blogger kevin said...

Grab that coffee quick mate, coz you're gonna need another one before 10am!

Kev in NZ

 

Post a Comment

<< Home