Monday, April 09, 2007

Disintegration


Ever have those moments when you feel your life is spectacularly disintegrating?

I go through one of these phases every three to six months or so. When bills and projects and general life-dissatisfaction all pile up and reach some sort of critical mass. I think the whole gutter thing has much to do with it.

The gutter guy is coming back today at 6 pm, by the way. They wanted to 'remeasure' and to see about cutting out commission etc so as to REALLy get the best possible price. Like that's gonna work. At this point they are wasting their time, I think.

I also need to get my truck operational before my Dad arrives so I can move it so he has a place to park. I also need to get the jacuzzi fixed- and I don't know whats wrong with it.

Then there are all the regular bills to contend with.

Also my car has about 200 miles left before I need to get it in for service. At which point they will tell me that I need new tires-- which is yet another 1000 dollars. I also have to get new license plates. Don't ask about that one.

Then there is the whole "Steve" thing. We are having fun hanging out, but I get less sleep when we hang out. Also, he's a wonderful procrastination tool for not getting all this other work done.

I'm just overwhelmed a bit.

6 Comments:

At 10:34 AM, Blogger Kevin said...

Take a deep breath.

*hug*

Hang in there!

 
At 11:21 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Just read your "gutter" entry. If anybody EVER says, for ANYTHING, "If you don't sign it now, the price will go up"; run, don't walk, away!

I had all the gutters replaced on my house and I don't remember it costing anywhere near what you were quoted, unless you live in a REALLY BIG house.

 
At 12:30 PM, Blogger Gay Canuck in the Capital said...

so let me get this straight (ugh, your blog is called mangina monologues and you are getting plowed by some guy and we don't get to hear the gory deets? I call that false advertising and I want my money back.

 
At 2:22 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh dear, life can be overwhelming. And boys can be very distracting. Whenever I get overwhelmed, I go to my happy place and dance to Spice Girls while I eat saltines. You are more than welcome to use my happy space - just don't move anything.

Just hang in there - your blog is mana to my boring life and I think you are a wonderful writer.

I guess you could call me a fangina of the mangina. Should we start a pledge drive?

 
At 4:36 PM, Blogger Donnie said...

You just need a bit of OCD to get your stuff done. That's one thing I love about my OCD...it helps me keep on top of things like bills and chores.

 
At 8:47 PM, Blogger kevin said...

Good luck and think of Dan!

By the way about the cross question you asked me. We dont have our crosses up side down being down under but rather we have a standard K-Mart cross and we symbolically tie Dan Carter to it each year...totally naked and let all the men cop a free feel!
Ahhhh the delights of Easter in NZ.

Hang in there buddy.
Kev in NZ

 

Post a Comment

<< Home