Sunday, March 25, 2007

Spring sprung

Spring finally hit in full force this weekend. Its been in the low 80's all weekend with sun and warmth and niceness and everything has come alive.

So naturally I've had to spend a lot of it indoors with band concert preparations.

All week the trees have been showing a hint of color-- like the leaves were just getting ready to burst open. And then seemingly overnight, they did just that. Today all the grees have a majority of that spring green look, rather than showing all that brown bark. The bradford pears are all full of white flowers and the redbuds are blooming in full force. And the dogwoods are just begining to open up.

In another week its going to be sickeningly gorgeous down here.

I wasn't joking about having a band concert either. Indoors of course. I have to be there at 2:30 today. I was in rehearsal from 2 - 4 pm yesterday for it as well. We are playing some cool and challenging music-- one piece I like in particular is especially brass-heavy which (being a brass player) I enjoy immensely.

I'll attempt to blog more on Monday- provided I don't end up in jail for killing someone at work.

1 Comments:

At 5:17 PM, Blogger Donnie said...

Ahhh....yes, Spring is here in full force. The Bradford pear in the front yard is losing it's white flowers (and beginning to stink). Yellow pollen is on absolutely every horizontal surface! Thank goodness for Claritin.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home