Wednesday, March 21, 2007

Black, Black Wednesday

And no, it isn't "Black, Black Wednesday" because I'm wearing all black today (which I am).

No, this is Black, Black Wednesday because someone that I work for has started back to work today. This person was out for a month and a half due to some semi-unfortunate (yet humerous) circumstances.

Lets just say that my work-life was infinitely better for these past, glorious 45 days.

And now that's over.

Yes, this person makes my bowels watery and my mood foul, and is directly responsible for 80% of my tension headaches.
And that fakey-fake "good morning" that I have to endure each and every day is enough to make the flesh want to melt from my face like a scene out of Raiders of the Lost Ark.

Do I exaggerate? Not so much.

So far I have managed to avoid the flesh-melting salutation, but it is only a matter of time. I know its coming from all the advanced warning I am receiving.


Seriously, the effect throughout the workplace is like when Bugs Bunny walked through the symphony orchestra, and all the musicians started whispering, "Leopold. Leopold!" in waves.

As feared as Leopold Stokowski was, at least he got his musicians to excel-- and not look for another orchestra to play in.

4 Comments:

At 9:36 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have deal with prima donnas like that in my department as well. The only reason I stick around is that I love the people I support at my facility; it's half my direct coworkers that I can't stand (fortunately since they're at another location I don't have to interact with them very often.)

 
At 10:35 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I remember this cartoon. Where bugs leaves his glove hanging in the air, drives somewhere and comes back to slip on the glove and the ear muffs he bought. Thanks for the trip in the way back machine.
As for Leopold...hit them with a violin. That always seems to help.
kb

 
At 3:02 PM, Blogger Donnie said...

Damn! I just tried to comment, but the "blogger monster" ate it!

I'm sorry to hear that your reverie at work has come to an end. You didn't hear this from me, but maybe you and your coworkers should arrange an "accident" for this person.

 
At 8:57 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Funny you should write about this today. There was a study just released about having just one "bad apple" in the work group. Seems it only takes one depress the entire group.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home