Tuesday, December 19, 2006

You can't escape Christmas...

Here's one of those Meme things- what the fuck does meme mean anyway? Me Me?

1. Eggnog or Hot Chocolate? Neither. Its coffee or nothing.
2. Does Santa wrap presents or just set them under the tree? The prezzies are always wrapped.
3. Colored lights on tree/house or white? Colored lights- big, old fashioned bulbs. I think a tree should be multicolored and have meaningful ornaments- not a commercial-looking tree.
4. Do you hang mistletoe? I don't decorate at all, but my mom hangs fake mistletoe.
5. When do you put your decorations up? See previous answer. But my parents will put there decorations up about a week after T-giving.
6. What is your favorite Christmas dish? Frosted cutout cookies.
7. Favorite Christmas memory as a child? The year I forgot it was christmas and slept in. It saved me from another year of being made to regret receiving gifts.
8. When and how did you learn the truth about Santa? 2nd or 3rd grade. I don't know. I think it came around the same time I figured out sex.
9. Do you open a gift on Christmas Eve? When I was little I would sometimes get to, but mostly we had to wait.
10. What kind of cookies does Santa get set out for him? Cutout cookies.
11. Snow! Love it or hate it? Love it, but only two kinds- the heavy, snowball, clings to everything snow, or the dry, crystalline, powerdy kind that looks like diamonds.
12. Can you ice skate? Yes.
13. Do you remember your favorite present? Not really- I remember the year I got an Atari-- and then cried about it because my parents told me that I had better be thankful because there were all sorts of kids less fortunate that don't even get presents.
14. What’s the most important thing about Christmas to you? Spending some time with family.
15. What is your favorite holiday dessert? Cutout cookies! God DAMN it!
16. Favorite tradition? The ever present grapefruit or orange in the toe of my stocking.
17. What tops your tree? Mom uses a spikey thing. Dad uses an angel or a bear or something.
18. Which do you prefer – giving or receiving? Isn't it divine to do both?
19. What is your favorite Christmas Carol? Silent Night is so damn beautiful, but I also love Joy to the World because it is just so well written.
20. Candy Canes? Eh- can take them or leave them. Although they DID hone my sucking skills as a child...

2 Comments:

At 3:03 AM, Blogger Kalv1n said...

I never would have thought that anyone could like "cutout christmas cookies" so much. And about the atari, I love your parents. How very sweet of them!

 
At 8:52 AM, Blogger Kevin said...

The orange in the stocking -- dead on. Except in the north/midwest, we celebrate St. Nick's (Dec 6) and that's when I'd get my stocking filled.

Down here no one even knows what I'm talking about.

I guess it's a German thing.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home