Monday, December 18, 2006

Playin' Hooky


I'm having a bit of a Ferris Buehller Day Off here today.

The only technical difference is that I actually called in and requested a vacation day. I'm such a rule-follower. But I just couldn't possibly be expected to face work today. Its over 70 degrees here and the air is very warm. And its sunny with not a cloud in sight. This WILL be the last nice day until spring, so I just had to get out in it.

Sort of.

I actually slept in until 10 am because I couldn't fall asleep last night. But then I got up, did some cleaning, some laundry, and worked on my music composition. Then I went shopping. (I did however drop the top in my convertible!)

Part of the reason I took the day off is because I am so not ready to leave for the holidays. I'm going back to Iowa and I don't have my Xmas shopping done, I'm not prepared with clothing, I don't have my mind ready for a week of family, etc. Plus I've been inundated with parties and band concerts and such so that I feel overwhelmed. I get this way at the holidays.

So I took the day off to regroup. So far so good.

I am MOSTLY done with xmas shopping- minus a few gift cards for friends (Wednesday night is gift exchange night and sushi). Tuesday is my piano lesson for which I haven't practiced one whit. But I bought her an orchid and a pot so I hope that will make her go easy on me.

I also plan on washing my car this afternoon, doing more music composition work, and then practicing the piano. After I update my blog of course. And drink some coffee.

P.S. On the 6th of January (saturday morning) I am going to need a lot of positive vibes. If things go well, the Durham Concert Band will be sight reading the first two movements of my composition. I'm excited and dreadfully nervous to hear it with real instruments.

If it sucks I'm going to cry a lot. For real. And then blog about crying a lot.

4 Comments:

At 3:05 PM, Blogger cheapblueguitar said...

Yay! That is exciting news about the reading! Don't worry. It will go well. That's awesome!

 
At 7:33 PM, Blogger Curtis said...

I'm sure it will be just fine. Good thoughts for you!

 
At 7:43 PM, Blogger madhousesix said...

i've heard the first two movements and i quite like them. it will go well. also, don't you have a wicked cool cover art image of your soon to be completed masterpiece. i heard it quite rocks, very modern, yet minimalistic. subtle, yet really quite beautiful.

 
At 8:25 AM, Blogger Kevin said...

Please don't talk about your movements anymore. It makes me uncomfortable.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home