Saturday, December 16, 2006

Recovering...


Another picture of me-- but this time I have freshly shorn locks.

Let me start off by saying that I'm TOTALLY stealing this camera angle from Kelly at "Rambling Along in Life". I noticed most, if not all of his self-pics use this angle, and since he takes good pics I thought I'd try it. And it seems to work fairly well, as many of my numerous flaws are diminished and/or hidden by this angle. Thanks Kel!

This is me on my porch early on Saturday morning (early being 9 am). I got up at 8 and cut my hair... and took aspirin to ward off my hangover.

I went to a small gathering of work associates at a bar near my home. Since the bar was so close, I figured that I should just bite the bullet and go. And it was fun- albeit interesting. I got toasty. Everyone got toasty. Much swearing and pool playing happened. It was all good.

And the wife of one of my work colleagues (actually he is several levels above me in importance at work) got drunk and started talking to me about her gay nephew and her gay sister and such. Awkward! She started our drunken conversation with "so where's your "friend"? Are you still seeing your "friend"? I thought you had a 'friend"--- etc. You get the picture.

As soon as this talk started I began thinking to myself "Hmmmm, I guess they really DO know that I'm gay at work. But they ignore it so well- as all good southerners do!" But not her- she was asking my advice on how to ask her nephew if he was gay and how to talk to him. My basic answer to her was that the honest, direct approach usually works best.

Of course on the opposite end of the spectrum were my quality cohorts. Two guys, both rather randy devils completely into womanizing. They were pointing out all the 'honeys' to me at the bar. All the while at the pool table behind us was a gathering of firefighters celebrating the holidays. Seriously. Firemen. One table over.

I was definitely between a hard place and a hard place all night. Hence the beer drinking and the headache today.

5 Comments:

At 4:26 AM, Blogger kevin said...

Now that's an awesome photo and such a handsome American! You would be snapped up here in New Zealand looking like that.

As for the firemen, How did you cope! ;)

Kev in NZ

 
At 6:12 AM, Blogger Thomas (Tom) Rimington said...

Great angle cb... I noticed Kelly does use the same one alot...

ps... The hair looks great, very sexy...

Tom

 
At 7:54 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

I am glad I could be of greater good to the blogging community... the reason I use the angle it to hide my 45 chins... I don't think you have that problem... but it is a good picture of you... Happy Monday!!

 
At 9:12 AM, Blogger Kevin said...

GREAT picture! And I'll have to try that angle. I'm so unphotogenic ANYTHING to help is welcomed.

 
At 11:35 AM, Blogger Brettcajun said...

VERY VERY HANDSOME DEVIL YOU ARE! Dammit...when are you coming down to New Orleans for some debauchery? I want to be in the middle of all that!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home