Thursday, December 14, 2006

I wanna be a loser!


I'm feeling rather fat, as of late, and last night didn't help.

I watched the finale of 'the Biggest Loser' last night. It was fairly dramatic and I did tear up in places. It really is emotional seeing how transformed these people are- and pretty amazing too! I wish I had before and after pictures of some of the winners; all I can say is WOW.

During the show I had an epiphany. I realized that I had hit rock bottom myself. True, I had done a cardio workout earlier in the evening, but when I got home I sat on my couch, had a sandwich and some Cool Ranch Chips... and while the people are getting on the scale and showing how much they've lost, I ate my dessert.

My dessert consisted of some Hostess Cupcakes, and by some I mean four.

Yes. There I am, watching success stories about weight loss while gorging on transfat sweeties. It was nearly enough to make me retch.

I'm now hoping to draw inspiration from these contestants (some of whom lost over 50% of their body mass~!!!) and lose some weight myself. I know how to do it: work out, eat right, no snackies, etc. But DAMN if I don't have a sweet tooth!

4 Comments:

At 8:56 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yeah, you look like crap in that pic.

Six

 
At 10:49 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Boredom and stress are the foes of a good diet babe. It's a good start knowing you're wanting change.

Me too.

Americans have the most unfortunate relationship with food. The irony is almost too much.

Fat Ass Ray

 
At 3:09 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Um...Sweetheart...it's the holidays...everyone gains weight!

snap out of it...

-jake

 
At 8:24 PM, Blogger Kalv1n said...

I'm sure you aren't fat. Now I on the other hand could seriously stand to lose some weight. I'm simply tired of being so large. And I love that you don't believe in love or marriage or "gay marriage"...does this come from the buddhist desire not to attach?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home