Friday, December 22, 2006

Ho Ho-- FUCK No!


Well, it appears as if I am in for a holiday travel nightmare. As usual.

I really hate travelling at this time of year. Not only are the airports lousy with holiday grinches, but delays/cancellations are nearly a sure thing. Plus, I have to fly into the midwest (specifically to Des Moines) which ensures that I will have a connection somewhere because there are no direct flights from Raleigh to Des Moines. And my connections are usually in nice, big, snow-prone midwestern cities like Chicago, Detroit, St. Louis, or Minneapolis.

This year its Chicago.

Yes, I get the glory of flying through O'hare at this time of year. And the whole travel thing has been made extra special this year by the blizzard in Denver... which is now moving its way across the plains toward-- where else? Des Moines and Chicago.

When the national news wishes any holiday travelers "good luck" trying to get to 'Grandmother's House' this year, you know its bad.

So most likely I will be spending the night in O'hare-- or a hotel if I'm lucky. My guess is that my flight leaving RDU will be delayed, which will put me late into Chicago, thus missing my Des Moines connexion.

If things go poorly, as I expect they will, this will be the fourth year out of eight that I've had trouble getting home for Christmas. Two years I've barely made flights in Detroit (and subsequently had lost/missing luggage) and one year I spent the night in St. Louis.

Wish me good holiday travel luck. I'm going to need it.

5 Comments:

At 9:05 AM, Blogger cheapblueguitar said...

Good luck and Merry Christmas!

 
At 10:22 AM, Blogger Kevin said...

Fingers crossed! Happy holidays!

 
At 1:38 AM, Blogger kevin said...

Oh Cb,
I wish you so much good luck. It sounds like winter is going to give you some travel hassles. Give my regards to Des Moignes (however you pronounce that) and to O'Hara. I'm sure you will get to experience the delights of those places through your delays ;)

Anyway, a baby's dummy is something you put in a babies mouth to keep them quiet and stop them from crying. You must have a different name for them. DAN CARTER is a total idol. Im not sure if i told you but he is doing adverts at the moment wearing nothing else but Jersey boxers...You would love it! Keep hold of that all black ball. I definitely would like to keep my hands on some All Black Balls ;) but hey if i can tget my hand on theirs then your balls will do!! ;)

 
At 10:52 AM, Blogger A Lewis said...

Just found your site......looks great and I'll be visiting again. Oh, and I'm so about the commando and shoe fettish things too......but that's a whole other bottle of wine! Cheers. Hope the holiday and travel plans went swimmingly well.

 
At 4:23 PM, Blogger A Lewis said...

Sorry to post again....I'm checking your site and don't see an email address. If you have time and the inclination, hit me up at my email address....on my site. Really enjoying the site. I've been digging around it a little more. A great way to spend Christmas!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home