Tuesday, August 01, 2006

North Carolina Gay and Lesbian Film Festival!!

Its nearly time for the 11th Annual North Carolina Gay and Lesbian Film Festival!

Its an unwieldy title, I know. I've tried to suggest other monikers (something like "QueerFrame Film Festival" or my favorite "The Cine-Mo") but no such luck. We're stuck with the title from hell.

Anyway, the festival occurs next weekend (the second weekend in august). I'm excited because for the second year in a row, I've been on the film selection committee.

All of the films that I recommended were selected for this year's program, which I am happy about. Unfortunately, some films that I wholeheartedly 'anti-selected' were also included... but there were only two of those.

The fun begins next Thursday with opening night festivities that include a comedy concert by Margaret Cho! Also included in this festival is Tab Hunter- who will be signing books and doing a meet and greet. We are also showing "Lust in the Dust" which is an older gay cowboy romp that he features.

Because I was on the committee I get some free tickets, I get to meet the producers, actors, and directors that come, I get to be an official 'host' for one of the filmmakers, do preshow announcements, etc. Its going to be a ton of fun- and exhausting at the same time.

I'm excited.... giddy even!

And here is a short list of films and shorts that I recommend (in no particular order). Look them up on IMDB.com for more info:

Fat Girls
Coffee Date
Longterm Relationship
Amnesia
Boy Culture
La Fidanzata
Guess who I saw today
Man Seeking Man
Room Service
Mormor's Visit
Proteus Point
Sissy French Fry


Come on down and sit a spell!

4 Comments:

At 1:03 PM, Blogger Kevin said...

And you'd like to take me as your guest? I'm flattered, but I don't know if I can make it.

I'll have my people call your people and see what we can do.

 
At 9:40 AM, Blogger cb said...

Yeah- you can use my free tickets. As long as you put out.

Putting out is key...

 
At 10:14 AM, Blogger Kevin said...

Well, of course ... I wouldn't dream of it any other way ...

And I dream of it often ...

 
At 10:03 PM, Blogger madhousesix said...

is that why you came to london and stayed in one of the best hotels in the city? because i put out?

hmmm
hrumph

 

Post a Comment

<< Home