Sunday, July 30, 2006

Random Sunday posting



Just a couple things to chat about this sunshiny Sunday morning.

The tree in the picture is called a 'Crepe Myrtle'. Its a very gay tree, yet it is omnipresent down here. Nearly every house has at least ONE. This one is mine. Most are this lovely magenta/fuschia color. But there are varieties in lilac, deep purple, light pink, and white. You hardly see the lilac colored ones; they're my favorite.

In central NC there is even a big gay event called "Crepe Myrtle festival" which is basically like an 'evening with friends' fundraiser. It started as a large outdoor barbeque, and grew into a huge festival thingy. This year, I believe RuPaul was associated with it in some way.

I tend to avoid the festival and the bars that weekend. And its not that I don't support the fundraising activities... because I do. I just don't support the twinkfest that it has become. I mean, just LOOK at the tree's name for christ's sake. It should tell you exactly what type of people it attracts. (P.S. I didn't plant it, it was already there in my yard).



SECOND, and more importantly, is the picture of the shoes. I love me some shoes! I even say this in my 50 Things list. I am truly a shoe-whore. I've even been known to blow creepy old businessmen just to get a better look at their Cole Haans...

So yesterday I was doing a bit of bargain shopping (at Marshalls) and I found a pair of Ben Sherman shoes-- IN MY SIZE! They were the only pair there too. I took it as a major sign and snatched them right up. They fit perfectly, and completely fill a niche in my cadre of shoes. I was missing a nice, brown suede shoe with a hint of color and hipness. These shoes are perfect and I cannot wait to wear them (probably this fall or next time i go out).

8 Comments:

At 3:15 PM, Blogger madhousesix said...

of course your favorite is lilac, you big homo.

nice shoes.

 
At 4:16 PM, Blogger cheapblueguitar said...

These shoes rule.

 
At 9:05 AM, Blogger Kevin said...

I'm a bit of a shoe whore myself.

 
At 9:31 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nice aqua stripe stud!

 
At 12:36 PM, Blogger cb said...

Its not just a sky blue stripe- its actually a hand giving the "V" peace symbol. It starts on the bottom of the shoe and the fingers extend up onto the sides.

it even says "love" on the hand on the bottom.

 
At 4:08 PM, Blogger Kevin said...

Wow. It is.

How gay.

 
At 4:54 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Betcha Immelda didn't have a pair either.

R

 
At 11:51 AM, Blogger Kevin said...

Oh CB ... I can overlook the mechanic skills ... I'm just afraid I wouldn't be enough man for you ...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home