Saturday, February 03, 2007

Groundhog Day

I spent Groundhog Day at home because I spent Groundhog's Eve heaving up my guts.

Yes, I spent most of thursday night with a blistering headache and vomiting violently about every hour on the hour. Toward the end, I was mostly just dry heaving. At one point I was heaving so hard that I was convinced that my stomach was forming a rift in the space/time continuum.

So I stayed home from work on Friday.

I watched a couple flicks-- Romancing the Stone and (of course) Groundhog Day. I love both films.

Romancing the Stone is just a perfect action/adventure romance movie and the direction by Zemekis is brilliant. So is the chemistry between douglas and turner. What a gay romp it is- and the scene where they kiss for the first time on teh dancefloor at the fiesta with the fireworks going off in the background gets me every time.

Groundhog Day is such a great concept- and I love how he finally uses his time to become a better person (doctor, musician, philanthropist, good guy). However, my favorite scene is when he abducts Punxatawney Phil and goes on a high speed chase with him. When he admonishes Phil with the "Don't drive angry!" I laugh every time.

Of course, laughing after you've heaved up everything is not highly recommended.

3 Comments:

At 10:32 AM, Blogger Donnie said...

I'm sorry that you were sick on Groundhog Day. I will do ANYTHING not to vomit! Hopefully you're feeling better.

Look at it this way though...at least you didn't repeat your sick day, over and over like Bill Murray.

 
At 1:08 PM, Blogger cb said...

Also, I'm just one more stomach flu away from my goal weight.

 
At 6:03 PM, Blogger Donnie said...

LOL! I loved that comment from Emily Blunt in "The Devil Wears Prada".

 

Post a Comment

<< Home