Tuesday, January 23, 2007

What in Japa-Hell were they thinking??


Fags of a certain age probably remember this doll. You younger types probably do not. This abomination is what is called a "Monchichi".

What the fuck was Japan thinking?

I remember this from my childhood. I did NOT own one. My parents were not big on me having dolls. If I wanted a doll to play with, I had to build one out of Lego. (Ever tried to hug a lego doll? its all pointy and hurty).

Even though I never owned one, and never wanted one, and only wanted to burn one... I STILL to this day remember that damn Monchichi themesong. Much as I remembered the fucking My Little Pony theme song.

"Monchichi Monchichi
Oh so soft and cuddly
With their thumb in their mouths they're really neat
Fun to wiggle their little feet
Monchichi Monchichi!"

A few of the lyrics could be wrong, but the tune that is beating about inside my brain is right on target.

4 Comments:

At 7:45 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

FLASHBACK HELL.... hehehe I used to have one of those things!! too freaking funny

 
At 4:11 PM, Blogger Donnie said...

I used to love Monchichi! They were cute and the cartoon was "okay". I never had one, but I remember that song vividly.

I loved my two Stretch Armstrong dolls. The first was put in the freezer to see if it would stretch (no, just break) and the second was eventually eviscerated.

 
At 12:13 AM, Blogger kevin said...

cb
I was given one of those when i was about 10 years old. I never knew what it was or that it was famous.
It freaked me out.

I hope you are having a great day cb.

Kev in NZ

 
At 3:09 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

yes, but do you remember the cartoon too? or all that Sanrio merchandising?

still though... Monchichi is less obnoxious than those horrid little trolls that look like an acid-flashback version of Don King.

(and I'd like to point out that Blogger wants me to verify this comment with the random word choice of: FOAMPEE. Is it my imagination or should I just type "penicillin")

 

Post a Comment

<< Home