Monday, February 19, 2007

Allah help me...


I've been in the south too freakin' long.

I actually watched the last 40 laps of (and enjoyed!) the Daytona 500 yesterday. It was fraught with wrecks and drama-- including a 2 lap shootout to the finish line that ended with a 0.02 second victory and most of the field wiping out in a flurry of crashes. One guy even finished the race skidding across the finish line on his roof- sparks flying, fire burning! Boogety Boogety Boogety!

Most of the top drivers had shitty days including but not limited to: Jeff Gordon, Tony Stewart, Dale Jr., Kurt Busch, etc. What a wild start to the beginning of the NASCAR season.

And how sad is it that I KNOW this?

I can't believe I'm actually a NASCAR watcher. Not a fan per se, mainly because I still feel comfortable using phrases like 'per se'. But I do have a driver that I pull for (Kasey Kahne)- as well as my old standby (i.e. hot daddy) Bobby Labonte.

Gawd- the next step will be putting wheels on my house and a toilet bowl planter in my front yard.

7 Comments:

At 12:39 PM, Blogger cheapblueguitar said...

Your friends really need to stage some sort of intervention for you before you grow a mullet and get tickets to the next Jeff Foxworthy concert tour.

 
At 5:41 PM, Blogger kevin said...

So you are in to NASCAR racing. And that makes you a southern man?

Y'all (I love that southern word) have a good day now.

Y'all y'all y'all

Kev in nz

 
At 6:46 PM, Blogger Curtis said...

I'll hold off judgement until you say that you like to attend truck pullin' contests. That's the thin edge of the wedge.

And, not all of us hilljakcs say "y'all" -- so youins can just shut yer trap! ;-)

 
At 8:49 AM, Blogger Kevin said...

You can't see me, but I'm just shaking my head in disbelief at you ...

 
At 9:54 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey, NASCAR's not all bad. Have you seen how hot some of the drivers are? J.J. Yeley, Jamie McMurray, Elliott Sadler (with a beard) ...

 
At 10:09 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

too bad jeff gordon is a right wing crackpot.... he's hot

 
At 4:46 PM, Blogger Donnie said...

Yes, a lot of my students are NASCAR fans. I honestly cannot see the attraction. But hey, at least you're not hopping into your old RV and driving to a race and making a weekend out of it...a few of my students have done that. *rolls eyes*

 

Post a Comment

<< Home