Monday, February 12, 2007

Depression Spiral

I can feel a melancholy coming on.

At this point I'm attributing it to several factors: cold weather, not working out, getting fat, my detestable job, working weekends, being alone, etc. I'm just in a 'blah' place again and I need to shake it.

My weekend was very uneventful. I worked a shitload on saturday, then did my taxes. The one bright spot was that I was supposed to have a 'booty call' on Saturday... only he never did call.

Thus my Saturday night was spent eating bon-bons and watching Saturday Night Live. And Mad TV (which is better). Oh, and reading a shitty gay pirate novel.

Sunday was much the same-- nothing much to report. I tried whoring online, but to no avail. I didn't even work on music composition this weekend-- other than banging out some crap on the piano.

Just another blah weekend in a series of blah weekends.

Oh, and I guess being single for a 5th Valentine's Day in a row probably has something to do with this too.

8 Comments:

At 8:45 AM, Blogger cheapblueguitar said...

I think single people need to collectively band together to abolish Valentine's Day. It's a stupid, useless non-holiday and it needs to be destroyed.

 
At 12:49 PM, Blogger cola boy said...

Sorry your booty call didn't show. I would have gladly filled in if I was in your neck of the woods, stud.

 
At 2:02 PM, Blogger Kevin said...

Hey, just remember that you are not alone in your aloneness ... alone-icity ... by-yourself-itude.

I work Wed night, but gimme a call if you want.

 
At 9:29 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I can't comment hear except to say, yes - winter sucks.

As the next storm approaches us here in lovely Chicago.

I shouldn't be complaining.

 
At 10:54 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

As a NYer living in the heartland of seasonal affective disorder, only a few things help shake off the blues... sun & warmth, having something to look forward to (a trip, a play, ?the Cadets 07 show), good friends and/or a good pharmacist. Spring is almost here.

 
At 12:02 AM, Blogger Donnie said...

CB, I'm sorry that you're full of ennui. I hate when that happens to me. I try to head it off by going to the gym and working out all the melancholy.

We should ban together and stage a Valentine's Day Boycott.

 
At 8:09 AM, Blogger cb said...

I can't believe someone mentioned the Cadets O7 show!! How fun-- yeah, they'll probably win this year. Again.

 
At 12:02 PM, Blogger Brettcajun said...

Awww.... I am sorry about your Saturday. I would have gladly filled in the void. ;) BIG HUG. How have you been doing sexy man?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home