Thursday, February 15, 2007

Another Cadet update

God, you would think that I'm a big freakin' Cadets fan with my focus on them in my blog. I'm not really a 'fan' per se, but I am excited by the prospect of their show (except for the title which is still stupid as hell).

They are also generating excitement with me by posting audio clips of what they are performing. The latest is a very jazzy production called Blue Shades by Frank Ticheli that you can hear here. The only unfortunate thing about this piece of music is that Santa Clara Vanguard performed it back in 1999, and they rocked the fucking stadium with it. Cadets take will be cleaner- but probably less in your face. And SCV's drill along with this music was out of sight!

If you can get past the annoyingly pervasive Dr. Beat driving the tempo through the whole clip, the rest of the music is pretty cool. They are sounding good and I'm very curious about their show.

Ah-- only 3.5 months until Drum Corps season!

2 Comments:

At 11:19 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

the hornline sounds like it has depth and while it will take some time to clean up, the pieces sounds strong and varied. I can't wait to see how they put this to drill. cb, it's gonna be a good season!!!

 
At 8:10 AM, Blogger cb said...

you should hear the ORIGINAL piece. you can actually download it on iTunes (which I did). It fucking ROCKS as a band piece! (and is surprisingly close to the cadets version)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home