Friday, May 25, 2007

Ok, I lied again...

About a couple things, actually.

(1) Although I AM in love with Joey Fatone, I am MORE in love with Rufus Wainwright.

(2) Although I DO plan to get the Rogue Traders album, the album I wanted even MORE was Rufus's "Release The Stars".

I took a half day off work in order to prepare for a completely relaxing 3 day weekend (technically now 3.5 days). Its funny that I still ended up working a 45 hour week and took a half day. (I know people work more than that, but I sure as hell don't like to and when I do I feel I can bitch about it).

Anyhoo- with my half day, I went to the mall and picked up a few essentials. I got new glasses (after about 3 years), I picked up the book "Son of a Witch" (sequel to Wicked), and I got the new Rufus CD. Which I'm listening to as I type this.

And crushing on him even more.

After hearing the first song only, I know that even if the rest of the album is crap I know it will have been worth the 14.99. I cannot express how much I LOVE the first song (Do I Disappoint You). Its sheer brilliance!

The rest of the album has been VERY good so far-- I'm on like track 6 or so.

So in love.....

4 Comments:

At 5:20 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I read Son of a Witch about six months ago and enjoyed it immensely. It's gotten less than stellar reviews from the professionals, but ignore it...

 
At 5:22 PM, Blogger Alden said...

Well, that settles it, I can't wait to get the new Rufus...

 
At 11:47 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Funny story, I actually drunk-purchased the new Rufus...never having owned any of his stuff ever.

I really like track 2. "Going To A Town" He's sorta maybe possibly cute.

 
At 4:28 PM, Blogger evilganome said...

This is the second rave review I have had of this album. I'm gonna hafta' get it now.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home