Friday, May 25, 2007

New Favourite Band


My new flavour-rite group is the Rogue Traders.

I haven't actually purchased a CD in about a year- as I prefer to download selected tracks via iTunes with my iTunes Christmas giftcards. But this group may warrant a full-on album purchase!

Granted I have only heard fragments of two of their songs, thanks to Old Navy commercials (ew! does anyone STILL shop at Old Navy??) but me likey what I've heard. They are deliciously dancy / alt-rocky.

I do love dance music that doesn't SOUND like club dance music.

Ok, that's a bit of a lie. I also love me some 90's house diva vocal kickin' club dance music. But only because that's when I came out and its the music of my gay youth.

Anyway, I'm looking for the Rogue Traders to blow up in the States-- thanks to 30-second commercial snippets of their brilliance accompanying strutting, bikini-clad women and boardshorted HAWT menssss.

Oh, and yeah, I did go ahead and download the ONE available track on iTunes already. But c'mon! Put the whole album on iTunes for allah's sake!

6 Comments:

At 2:31 PM, Blogger Gavin said...

I'll have to check them out. Just tagged you with a meme. I know some people view these as a nuisance so my feeling won't be hurt if you don't participate! :)

 
At 2:34 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

are they doing the music in the "summerland" old navy commercials? i LOVE me that track long time.

 
At 2:55 PM, Blogger cb said...

Yes! they do the Summerland commercial!

 
At 4:03 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

they damnwell better show up on my next cd.

 
At 2:05 AM, Blogger Johnny said...

They're a hot band from Australia with ex-soap star and stunner Natalie Bathingswaite. She's a total hottie! Check out their first album and strong of hits too.

x

 
At 4:24 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow, they're good! I like

 

Post a Comment

<< Home