Monday, March 05, 2007

Procrastination is making me wait....


When it comes to certain things, I move like Heinz Ketchup.

And its more than procrastination, its laziness. Pure and simple. If there is something that I deem unsavory, I'll put it off in favor of doing anything and everything I like better.

I notoriously pay my bills late. So late, in fact, that i've had my power turned off before for failing to pay a bill in time. And this applies to any bill that isn't on autodraft. And yes I know this isn't good for credit ratings and such, Dad--- but I truly don't care. If I can't get a home loan again, I'll get an apartment. No sweat.

And its not like I DON'T pay off everything or have declared bankruptcy... I just pay them when I'm bloody well ready.

Same thing with home repairs. Or car repairs. Monday I basically sat all day waiting for an autoshop to put new brakes and rotors on my MINI. Since MINIs are unusual cars in this area-- it has required a lot of extra effort to get parts, etc. What a mess. But the brakes were grinding and it was time.

While there I got my state emissions inspection completed too-- it was only 5 months overdue. Now if I could only get that pesky insurance lapse taken care of...

I have home repairs that are really necessary too-- but I haven't done them yet. I also need to sell my fucking house, but I haven't done the repairs so I haven't put it on the market.

I crave a simpler life. Less junk. Fewer posessions. No home maintenance fees or yards to mow.

6 Comments:

At 8:33 AM, Blogger Dave said...

This post sounded so much like something I could have written, it's almost scary...

 
At 10:32 AM, Blogger patrick said...

I think procrastination is a way of going against the machine. Paying your bills late is like saying f-you to the system! It's a good thing to do sometimes! I need to try that again.

 
At 10:55 AM, Blogger Brettcajun said...

Spend less time jerking it online and you'll have more time to get things done! ;)

 
At 11:46 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

mmm tasty katchup.

 
At 6:40 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Start a commune - we can make soap, hemp towels and patchouli essence all day long...

Ray

 
At 5:14 PM, Blogger Donnie said...

I'm a "part-time procrastinator". I only procrastinate on some things...other things I do early. That's when my OCD kicks in.....LOL.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home