Saturday, March 03, 2007

Spring is in the air

We've had a delicious spate of warm weather the past week or so. Temps in the 60's always make me giddy at this time of year. That and it makes me want to clean.

As I am having some out of town visitors this evening (Kev Kev and his roommate phil) I have even more impetus to clean. So I tore through my house last night and this morning and I have reorganized, thrown out, swept, dusted, alphabetized, and vacuumed to my greasy little heart's content. I always forget how much better I feel when my house is clean. And man it needed it!

Because of my "hopelessly single with absolutely no prospects in my future" state of being, i don't have to keep a clean house. I mean, why bother, right? Its why I've gained so much weight too. Anyway, my place had been degenerating all winter. I found old bills and mail dating back to October of last year! I tossed so much accumulative crap it filled my huge outdoor garbage can.

Now my place is presentable and I feel pretty good again. Perhaps I'll start working out more too.

Other signs of spring include the daffodils blooming in my yard already. Probably the crocus too, I just haven't checked them out closely.

Also of note, I have NOT killed my one remaining orchid, and not only is it surviving... it appears to be thriving! As I was watering it this morning, I noticed a new, small,green shoot at its base. Hooray! This thing hasn't bloomed in about a year so its time. I can't wait.! I've never had one bloom from scratch before.

It may be time to try buying another orchid!

5 Comments:

At 12:46 PM, Blogger A Lewis said...

We've got the crocus, daffodil, tulip thing going on here too....plus flowering cherries and forsythia......
Have fun with the house guests....don't forget to put away the lube, cock ring, condoms, and clean-up towels stacked by the side of the bed.

 
At 6:02 PM, Blogger Donnie said...

I'm looking forward to Spring down here on the coast. :D

 
At 12:02 AM, Blogger kevin said...

Cb
You love cleaning.....man MARRY ME.
My house needs a huge clean!

Ok, we have to get you eating healthy again and make you a weight that is non-American. No more hambugers and fries, just NZ lamb and a NZ salad and then we can get you cycling around our clean green parks to get you the abs which i and other fellow NZers have!

Kev in NZ

 
At 9:47 AM, Blogger patrick said...

I love spring, and I just heard that we're getting another artic blast tonight and snow again on Wed. Damn!

 
At 4:27 PM, Blogger Gay Canuck in the Capital said...

I need to start a group blog of bitter single homos who are slowly coming to terms with being single forever.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home