Thursday, December 07, 2006

ANTM Junkie


I am a big whore for ANTM.

(for you lay-people out there, ANTM stands for America's Next Top Model)

I honestly watch the show every week, and I love love LOVE Tyra Banks. I love her so much that some day I'm gonna have her children. Yes, I will cary the baby so as not to ruin her body.

Tyra is hysterical too. My favorite comment from her this year was when she was telling Anchal that they were going to do 'threading' on her hairline to raise it up. "We're gonna take you from a forehead to a Tyra Banks FIVE-head," she quipped. Self deprecating, cheeky, AND quick. Love it!

Anyway, back to this year's winner. Last night was the finale of season 7. It was down to three girls: Caridee, Melrose, and Eugena. We all knew that Eugena wasn't going to win-- dead eye syndrome, plus an overall lack of passion for modelling did her in. Thus it became a 'battle of the blondes', even though Melrose is more of a brunette in real life. Cuffs and Collar baby, cuffs and collar should match!

K-dog (sr-sl) watches the show too. He was a big fan of Melrose. I, however, have been a Caridee fan ever since they voted off the last shorthaired, white, androgenous model. And as it happens, our two horses were in the final showdown.

Admittedly, Caridee can't walk a runway to save her life. I can do a better runway walk (and frequently do when trotting up the long, forklift aisles at work- its good practice). But Caridee has that nordic blonde look, she's from the Midwest, and she's funny. And she takes stunning photos.

The thing that made me like Caridee was her personality. Its huge. She's funny and a bit of a ham. She overdoes it sometimes, but then we all do in our efforts to deflect. She developed her 'humor shield' when she had psoraisis as a child and all the other kids made fun of her. And I identify with her because I developed my humor shield in a similar fashion when I was a geeky fagboy getting picked on by kids in school.

And the judges picked Caridee-- probably mainly due to her last photo shoot for Covergirl. Her picture was fairly flawless and showed the product well. I hope she does better than last year's girl, who has been a total cipher.

Hooray for Caridee!!!

3 Comments:

At 12:42 PM, Blogger cheapblueguitar said...

I got sucked into this foolishness this season. Ghost brides. Really? Ugh.

 
At 1:41 PM, Blogger Kevin said...

Don't watch it. next.

 
At 9:22 PM, Blogger madhousesix said...

ummm - ITS IMPORTANT TO BE ABLE TO WALK. Caridee tripped down that catwalk.

My entire life is about the walk.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home