Saturday, October 14, 2006

Le Lumiere Plus Triste


I woke up this morning in kind of a sad mood.

This is my least favorite time of year. The time when the days are getting shorter, its dark out when I leave for work, the shadows are long even at 10 in the morning, and the sun fails to warm the air as it once did. The days down here are still fair but there is that unmistakeable tinge of death in the air. Death of the year.

The end of the year isn't a bad thing, of course. Circle of life and all. But this is that pregnant pause before all the trees go out in a fiery blaze of color. The trees still LOOK like summer trees, but they aren't. The green is fading- becoming dull and stretched. The light grows wan.



These are photographs taken this morning around 10 am, at my house.


Every weekend I like to go to 9th Street in Durham. It is my haunt. Notice the hustle and bustle of it all. Yeah, this picture pretty much sums up the amount of activity in Duke's CampusTowne area.

My routine consists of stopping at the first building on the right for a smoked salmon bagel sandwich. Then I either go two buildings down to Francesca's for capuccino and internet, or to the blue awning building further down for a red eye and internet.

I'm currently typing from a cafe table outside the blue awning place.

3 Comments:

At 2:06 PM, Blogger cheapblueguitar said...

I miss fall and changing leaves.

 
At 2:55 PM, Blogger jimmmij said...

The place looks charming...small but charming. It sure beats the 24/7 traffic here!!! enjoy your weekend.

 
At 11:33 AM, Blogger Kevin said...

Huh. I don't know if I see you as a "small town" kind of guy.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home