Monday, August 21, 2006

My weekend: drunken crying to cunt-muffins

I've been rather melancholy lately.

Its a lot of things, really: job sucks, being single sucks, turning 37 sucks, having no good friends in NC sucks, and so on. So to break out of my funk-cycle, I decided to do a couple things this weekend.

Friday- I went to a 'bar takeover' in Durham. Its where a bunch of fags decend on some poor, unsuspecting Pub and make it fabalously gay for an evening. To me it is vaguely reminiscent of a seen from Hitchcock's 'The Birds'- but only the birds are well-groomed. If you can picture 100 or more gays packed into a bar with two, straight bartenders trying desperately to mix Cosmo after Cosmo... well, then you get "The Birds" reference.

The Durham event was smaller, but still fun. And the belgian beers got me absolutely toasty. Which was a good thing because I was stood up.

A boy that we'll call 'David' (for that's his name) had agreed to meet me at said bar for said takeover at 7 pm. You must realize that I am sort of in love with him. Mostly because he's handsome, stocky, smart, artistic, well-read, has the bluest eyes, and obviously wants nothing whatsoever to do with me. All big turn-ons for me!

When 7:40 rolled around, I realized that he wasn't coming. Again. Because, you see, I had agreed to meet him at a bar once before, and he stood me up then too! How foolish am I to do a repeat on this?

So I went home (inebriated), popped in a frozen pizza, and watched "Narnia". I loved these books so much as a child, and the movie is amazing. Some of the editing choices are fantastic (music, slo mo sequences, camera angles, cinematography). Some portions of the movie make me cry they are so beautifully done. And because they make me relive exactly how much I wanted to be in that story as a child. I wanted to be one of the Pevensie childred, doing heroic deeds to save Narnia.

So I cried some as I wolfed down my pizza.

To erase Friday from existence, I played some killer volleyball on Saturday afternoon, and then went out to the Eagle (leather bar) in Charlotte on Saturday night. I went to the Eagle with Kevin.

It was fun, as always, but not a memborable evening. The best part of the whole thing was Kevin making brunch on Sunday and then eating it while watching "Mr. and Mrs. Smith." Kevin can really wrestle up some grub, and we had a totally southern breakfast (Neese's sausage, biscuits, grits, eggs, and juice). Let me just say, that now that I've discovered Neese's sausage, I'll never eat Jimmy Dean again or slap my mouth!

Oh, the other best part was laughing about the Liam Show's muffin video and coming up with our own muffin flavors. I can't even remember all of our rancid choices but the last one was 'cunt'. We stopped there.

Nothing like a cunt-flavored muffin to take your mind off your troubles!

5 Comments:

At 11:24 AM, Blogger Kevin said...

So if I get blue contacts and start ignoring you ... will you come to me?

:)

 
At 11:27 AM, Blogger Kevin said...

(And I'm only a few months behind you on the 37 thing ... ugh)

 
At 12:31 PM, Blogger cb said...

Blue eyes are NOT a prerequisite, but being able to hold conversations about music, art, and pulitzer pirze winning novels is.

Then add the ability to crush my spine with your guns.

THEN ignore me.

I'll be driving to florida for SURE.

 
At 1:59 PM, Blogger Kevin said...

Well, it'll be awhile before I have spine-crushing guns ... so I guess there's no rush.

 
At 4:02 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Shake it off Boldt.....there's alot more in life to worry about besides the age of 37...a jackass who doesnt know his ass from a hole in the ground to stand up a great guy....and a job that sucks but pays the bills....u may not have good friends in NC...but you got me....im an hour and a half away, but last time i checked and i hated geography..im still actually in NC

Ass!.....your birthday is a time to reflect...celebrate a NEW year..a better one....and to leave the past where it is....also last time i checked, and i suck at time (hence the time i posted this comment)...David is IN THE PAST

Love you buddy....deal and move on

 

Post a Comment

<< Home