Tuesday, December 05, 2006

You're gonna love me!


I'm gettin' kinda anxious to get my fag on by going to see "Dreamgirls".

The trailer that I saw a week ago actually gave me chills. But then again, any halfway decent rendition of "You're Gonna Love Me" will do that. Its a brilliant show-stopper.

And Jennifer has the voice- and girth- to pull it off. However, she's going to be mercilessly compared to Jennifer Holliday who created, defined, charged, owned, soiled, and generally decimated the role of Effie. And Jennifer singing "You're gonna love me" is so full of emotion that its hard to imagine anyone else doing it justice.

I hope Hudson can pull it off. Because I'll mainly be watching the entire film just for that number.

Fuck Beyonce.

1 Comments:

At 8:39 AM, Blogger Kevin said...

Don't forget poor third girl in the mix. Who is she? Why is she there?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home