Monday, August 28, 2006

You say its your birthday....

Well, it was my birthday too.

Yeah.

This past saturday I turned a whopping 37 (aka 26... 12 times). I really wasn't looking forward to this one at all. But with the help of friends (and numerous shots) I somehow made it through the rain.

Birtday Saturday was a good day. I woke up moderately early (9 am) puttered around the house, and made myself a new iTunes playlist for the day. And then was off to grab my favorite breakie (sesame bagel and smoked salmon). I transport said breakie to a coffeeshop near Duke University in order to enjoy a hefty cup of java and some free wireless. It was all good.

Did some music downloading. Did some searching online for things to buy. Then it was off to the carwash to clean up my baby! He (Jack) needed a good bath and it always makes me feel better when I clean my car.

Then volleyball. And I got 'birthday volleyball'! I played VERY well, and I got to play doubles with G-man. Not only is he kinda cute, but we played well together. One play in particular the other team ripped a spike, I stabbed back a dig, they tried to hit again, I dug again, G set me, and I hit a line shot that killed the point. We totally hi-fived on that one and he said, 'now THAT'S birthday volleyball!'

Sigh.

Got home and I had a big box waiting for me from K-dog from Stage right Stage left. He had sent me an overnight package and in it were lots of individually wrapped prezzies (in star wars wrapping paper, mind you). I won't go into the details of what all I got, but it was a lot of fun stuff and watchable stuff and displayable stuff. Big thanks to him for all of that- it was a great package.

Then Kev came up for a day of shopping and drunken debauchery. We first went to a piercing place to get me some new earrings. What a mistake, as it took FOREVER just to get me some new half circle earrings with spikes on the end. And to top it all off, I've already lost one of the fucking end spikes!!! UGGGH!!! (probably playing volleyball on sunday).

After that, a bit of food and a bit of shopping. Then home to get ready for a night out. But what I didn't know was that Kevin had secretly invited some guys over (David and Dan) and they surprised me with a cake! Very sweet of them all!

Then it was out clubbing- where I didn't pay for anything, and I got a shitload of free alcohol. I got shots (purple hooter, red headed slut, buttery nipple, kamikaze) and beer. It was insane... mostly because I NEVER do shots. I was fucked up- but not insanely fucked up.

Most of my drinking was done by 12:30, so I coasted until 2:30 with water and dancing.

It was a good time.

Sunday was a bleary day, but I still managed to play some good volleyball.

All in all, not a bad b-day weekend. No sex, and I was still alone at the end of it all, but that's ok. Really it is. :-)

2 Comments:

At 3:38 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday :)

 
At 10:09 PM, Blogger Kevin said...

Happy b-day, late ...

although I believe I was the 2nd person to wish you a HB.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home