Friday, September 29, 2006

Friday Ranting


I'm going to start a new segment of my blog- Friday Rants. After a week of crap, I figure that I should vent before the weekend.

So, the topic this week is 1st amendment freedom.

I went to McDonalds yesterday for lunch (ew, I know). I picked up a USA Today (really ew, I know). In the USA Today was a small news blurb (out of an entire newspaper comprised of small news blurbs) about a woman in Pittsburg, I believe, who was arrested because of her website.

Her website contained FICTIONAL stories about torturing and abusing children. Some of the children in the story were below the age of 9 or so.

Is physically or sexually abusing children ok in my eyes? Hell no!

Is torturing children ok? Once again, hell to the no.

Is writing sick and twisted stories about torturing and abusing children and then posting them on an internet site ok?

Fuck yes.

Now, if these weren't fiction stories but were true recounts of twisted crap, then yeah, the police should have investigated. But getting arrested for fiction stories? Really??? Evidently our government considers this a crime and a federal offense worthy of prison time.

Are they going to arrest the writer of that new movie about Bush's assassination because he wrote about killing a president?

Do we arrest the writers of Law and Order: SVU when they write stories about raping and murdering children?

What about that Penthouse Letter that I read as a teenager, about the guy who fucks his thanksgiving turkey and then serves it to his guests. Should HE be arrested for writing a letter about bestiality and serving tainted food?

Where does it stop? How much more censorship do we have to endure?

3 Comments:

At 10:11 AM, Blogger Kevin said...

Heh. You wrote "taint."

 
At 10:13 AM, Blogger Kevin said...

But the real question on everyone's minds is ...

What did you order for lunch?

 
At 10:06 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

different... but i like it! Xx

 

Post a Comment

<< Home