Monday, July 10, 2006

Notes from the Underground

I have safely returned from Iowa and am firmly ensconced in North Carolina again.

Whoopee.

Some things of note:

My stepbrother competed in the National Triathelon championships (amateur division) this past weekend. It was held in Kansas City. He got first in his age group and third OVERALL! Very proud of him. I'll post his picture in a few days.

I did absolutely nothing during the whole week, except that I did manage to do an 8 mile run and a 5 mile run. I haven't run 8 miles at one time in about 7 years. Man did my hips hurt later!

Dad wanted to take me to explore the "east village" in Des Moines. Its an up and coming 'trendy' area (read: gay) with lots of cool shops and cafes and things. Well, I found it extremely humerous that when we finally parked the car on the street, we managed to park DIRECTLY in front of Des Moines only gay leather bar-- the Saddle. How funny!

Went car shopping with the 'rents too. They ended up deciding on the AWD Volvo S50 wagon. Or whatever it is. I tried to tell them that a Volvo is just a Ford in iron clothing, but they had already made up their mind.

2 Comments:

At 8:16 AM, Blogger madhousesix said...

how did dad like the saddle? good place for a cocktail i've heard.

 
At 9:11 AM, Blogger cb said...

I was ultimately embarassed. I honestly don't know if he knew where he'd parked. I figured the huge rainbow flag would've been a dead giveaway.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home