Tuesday, June 06, 2006

Go Hurricanes!!!



Ok. Gotta give a shout out to my beloved 'Canes! Woo HOO! They snuck past the Oilers last night to take a 1-0 lead in the Stanley Cup finals.

Of course, true to form, they played like turds until the third period, when they finally decided to 'turn and burn'. I swear, they cannot win a hockey game in the first period. Its like they have to spot the other team a few goals, and THEN they decide to play.

Maybe its fun for them. Kind of like "Hey, y'all tired yet? Huh? Legs getting rubbery? Hmmm, ok then. Now catch THIS!"

Oh, and the picture is of me and one of my favorite 'Canes named Eric Cole. Not only is he smoking HOT, but he's super nice and a great player. Almost rookie of the year (he deserved it!) he was a big part of the team's success this year until he injured his shoulder.

(Psst-- Eric. I'll take care of you and help rehab that shoulder! Call me...)

I got the photo op during a "Skate with the Canes" charity function. I skated up to him and am fairly certain that my gushing went something like this: "I absolutely love watching you play! You're fearless and you crash down the ice like mad! Its incredible and you should have been rookie of the year."

He smiled and thanked me and shook my hand. Then I asked for a picture- we were mid-ice at the time. My gurlfriend Sheri was standing off the ice in the corner with a camera. When he found out where she was, he's like, "C'mon!" and he dashed for the corner.

Then he put his arm around me for the photo. I about melted into the faceoff circle.

Get well, Mr. Cole. Can't wait to see you in action next year!

1 Comments:

At 9:43 AM, Blogger madhousesix said...

a) you didn't watch the game. i know this to be true.

b) you forgot to mention that when you met mr. hottie, you offered to have his baby.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home