Monday, June 05, 2006

I want to gay-marry Sandra Day O'Connor



I'm sexy, I'm cute! I'm popular to boot!
I'm bitchin', great hair! The boys all love to stare!
I'm wanted, I'm hot! I'm everything your not!
I'm pretty, I'm cool! I dominate this room!

Who am I? Just guess! Guys wanna touch my chest!
I'm rockin'! I smile! And many think I'm vile.
I'm flyin', I jump! You can look but don't you hump! Whoo!
I'm major, I roar! I swear I'm not a whore!

We rule and we lead! We act like we're on speed!
Don't hate us cause we're beautiful well we don't like u either!
We are Justices! We are Justices! ROLL CALL!

Call me Big White!
I'm Sca-Scalia!
S S S Souter! Roar!
Dude, it's Roberts!
I'm Long Dong Thomas! Yeah!
Just call me Ginsberg! O!
I'M STILL! BIG! WHITE!

I sizzle, I scortch! But now I pass the tourch!
The ballots, are in! And one boy had to win!
He's perky, he's fun! And now he's number 1!
K-kick it Alito! Sca-Sca-Sc Alito!

*Music introducing Alito*

I'm strong and I'm loud! I'm gonna make u proud!
I'm Sca-ScAlito! Your right wing Alito!
Let's, go, Supremes! We are the Superemes! The mighty might Supremes!
We're so terrific! WE MUST BE SupremeCourtJustices!

(I so want to see YouTube do a Bring It On clip with the justices!!!)

Ok- the Bring It On reference aside, I am in love with Sandra Day O'Connor. She's BOTH of the 'f' words: fabulous AND fierce! And after reading about her speech on March 10th of this year at Georgetown University where she showed her claws, I am more smitten with this kitten than ever!

Quotes from her speech:

We must be ever-vigilant against those who would strong-arm the judiciary.

Such threats pose a direct threat to our constitutional freedom. I want you to tune your ears to these attacks ... You have an obligation to speak up.

Statutes and constitutions do not protect judicial independence - people do.

It takes a lot of degeneration before a country falls into dictatorship, but we should avoid these ends by avoiding these beginnings.


She basically called out the current administration and said we are teetering on the edge of a dictatorship. Finally, someone with real power saying these words.

But wait. This speech was given after she retired from the court. And it wasn't covered by the press. And her comments were swept under the rug and neatly patted down. There's no live coverage of this speech available. Only an NPR account of it really exists, and the piggybacked accounts of the NPR account.

How sad is that?

Sandra and I are now planning to move to Toronto, get married, and then open a small B&B. Or at least we should be planning it.

1 Comments:

At 10:23 AM, Blogger madhousesix said...

can i be flower girl?

wish the video would have worked.
:(

 

Post a Comment

<< Home