Tuesday, June 13, 2006

GO CANES!!!

I inherited my parents 'rabid sports fan' behavior.

I got this along with my brown eyes and my penchant for tulle window treatments- Thanks Be to mom and dad. My parents have been known to literally throw things about a room during a bad moment in an Iowa Football or Basketball game. Shouting at the t.v. was just part of living on any given saturday.

And now I do the EXACT same thing- but with my teams (Northwestern anything, Carolina Hurricanes, Pittsburg Steelers, Indy Colts, anyone who plays Duke in basketball, etc).

I have been avoiding watching any Stanley Cup games because I KNEW this fact about myself, and I didn't want to suffer. But last night (as we are in the nadir of tV season) I flipped on Game 4 of the Cup.

Oh my GOD- it was a bit of a nail biter for me. Even though the 'Canes went up 2-1 in the second, they didn't look sharp. Edmonton was outskating them and hitting them HARD. It was an ugly, defensive game. That and Carolina got a ton of penalty minutes- for really minor shit. A lot of hooking calls. BOO. That's just 'goin for the puck'!

So, imagine me sitting naked on my leather couch (I was getting ready for bed during commercial breaks), clutching a pillow, shouting at the TV in the final minutes of the game getting my insides all twisted up and my heart pumping with adrenaline.

I get so emotionally invested in sports teams its not funny.

And I'm rooting for the Hurricanes, because (a) I live down here and go to their games, and (b) I had season tix a few years ago the last time they went to the Stanley Cup.

The last time I was actually in the arena for the triple OT game versus Detroit. It was absolutely INSAAAAAANE! And a heartbreaker to lose.

Brindy and Co come back to Raleigh with the chance to finish it out on Wednesday. Let's hope they bring home the Cup! They really do deserve it this year.

1 Comments:

At 9:44 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

*imagining you naked on a leather couch*

I'm sorry...we are gonna need some visual aids for this one. Any photographs? ;-)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home