Wednesday, November 15, 2006

All I want for Christmas...

I'm not spoiled, I just want what I want. And even though I won't do a lick of Xmas shopping before Thanksgiving is done, it really is never too early to start dropping hints.

Surprizes are overrated in my opinion; I much prefer getting things that I know that I want. I find that when a person tries to surprize me with a gift, it rarely works out well for either of us. My mother is famous for this-- she still things that she can buy me clothes, for crying out loud. I ask you, what mother can successfully purchase clothing for her gay son? Its our job to buy THEM clothes-- geesh.

Anyway, when faced with most surprizes, I tend not to fake my enthusiasm well (bedroom excluded), and the other person just ends up feeling hurt. And both of us end up disappointed. Naturally there have been a few notable exceptions, but in general the rule is "no surprizes unless you really Really REALLY know me".

So, I have decided to use my blog to show a few items that would be greatly appreciated (if not downright thrilling) if I received them.


I love all things Flash Gordon- and I have been trying to find a poster sized reproduction of this famous sword duel scene. I saw it once in an art store 15 years ago, but it was an expensive lithograph or something. It even had the roy lichtenstein dot feel to it. Ah- opportunities missed.


I love hello kitty- and this toaster actually burns her face into the bread. How fucking cool is that??


This book is chock full of fucking hot daddies. Why WOULDN'T I want it??


For top down cruising in my MINI convertible, this sure would be nice!


For an impressionable teenage boy, this movie had it all. Plus it formed my first relationship with an exotic car-- the Lamborghini Countach.


I love experimenting with trombone mouthpieces-- having one that would produce a louder sound would be cool.


I'm sure I'll come up with more items as we get closer to the big day.

3 Comments:

At 12:17 PM, Blogger cheapblueguitar said...

You shameless hussy! Trolling for gifts. Put a link to an amazon wishlist like everyone else. ;-)

PS - Hello Kitty. Really?

 
At 2:49 PM, Blogger cb said...

LOVE hello kitty. don't bash Ms. Kitty White

 
At 9:06 AM, Blogger Kevin said...

HK? Ha, we SO have to talk.

But thanks for making my job even more difficult now. I'm great at researching and finding a great gift for someone ... and I was on a roll ... and then you go and just blab specifics which kind of make my options not very impressive now.

If you end up with nothing, it's not my fault.

(See, i can't just buy people what they ask for -- I'm the guy that has to find the gift that makes you go "oh my god, that's perfect -- how did you know?")

 

Post a Comment

<< Home