Monday, June 19, 2006

The Joy of Bear411

I have finally discovered my 'peeps'!

Of course I'm a regular "Johnny come lately to the rave party" when it comes to discovering some of these gay male internet sites. I mean, I started years ago on AOL- and then progressed to gay.com (fey.com if you ask me). Then more recently I stumbled upon men4sexnow (how trashy am I?) and manhunt.net (how EXCEEDINGLY trashy am I??)

All of these sites are ok, but I always felt like they were lacking something. The guys on them didn't necessarily reflect the types of guys that I like or want to chat with and most just want the one thing (or two things...) However, I still have maintained this glittering seed of hope every time I long on that I will find my future ex-husband. Yet this hope was on life support and fading....

And then this past weekend I discovered Bear411.

All I have to say is: finally, guys that don't shave their chest hair! Bear411 is chock full of normal guys. Regular guys. GUY guys. Guys who drink beer and watch sports. Guys who aren't so body conscious they will turn down your request for a pizza and movie night so that they can spend 3 hours at the gym maxing out their glutes.

Of course, I have a bit of a dilemma brewing. I am not sure that I qualify as a 'bear'. I'm 6 feet tall and currently hovering near 200 lbs. I do have a hairy chest, but that's about it. Technically I think I'm like an otter (I can swim on my back and crack open clams on my chest) but I'm not furry enough. I don't think I'm a cub (I think of those guys as being either under 30 or under 5'9". Am I a wolf? don't know. I think Kev came up with the term "Squotter"-- squirrel and otter. Is THAT what I am? If anyone has a category for me, lemme know.

Anyhoo... this weekend I got to chat with a lot of decent, NICE guys on the 411. Down to earth and friendly types that didn't start off by asking me for my dick size. And I even chatted with men down in Atlanta and got a few phone numbers for Pride this coming weekend. I may actually even call some of them when Kev and I are at the park wandering about getting drunk.

And so, to all the guys that said I should check this site out, I say a hearty thank you. And if it this site turns into a crapfest like all the others, I'm gonna go Squotter all over your weenie asses!

6 Comments:

At 8:44 AM, Blogger 9W aka 9thWave aka Nthwave said...

the only issue i have with that site is the completely piss poor design... i hate the design of that site the way i hate the design of myspace.com. seriously - it's cluttered and messy and hard to navigate. and the guys in the MN area are scary. that might have something to do with it too.

 
At 9:34 AM, Blogger Brian said...

Otters and cubs and bears...oh my! Someone told me being a "bear" is more about attitude than fur. I didn't really know what to make of that.

I agree with 9W aka 9thWave aka Nthwave. The site is in desperate need of an extreme makeover.

 
At 7:20 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You better think about the real site content instead of thinking about the package... it s a gay attitude and not a bear attitude...

 
At 12:33 PM, Anonymous CB2 said...

I think you're more of a wolf, maybe bordering on bearcub. Aren't otters shorter?

B411 is down right now. WHAT AM I GONNA DO ALL DAY??? WORK?

 
At 6:39 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hmmm, I'm human. It's so wonderful to be part of starting a new generational stereo-type. There definitely isn't enough already. But anyway........ I'm more Rat-like. I sneak around stealing your food and crapping on your stuff!

 
At 6:39 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hmmm, I'm human. It's so wonderful to be part of starting a new generational stereo-type. There definitely isn't enough already. But anyway........ I'm more Rat-like. I sneak around stealing your food and crapping on your stuff!

 

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home